The secret behind the Japanese’s beautiful skin? Camellia Oil. In fact, in Asia, the beautiful flower is a symbol of femininity and grace. And, when the flower is distilled into its oil form, it becomes a multi-purpose oil with incredible healing and nourishing properties. Here are some of our favorite ways to use the oil.
1. Moisturizer: the high oleic acid content, otherwise known as Omega-9, makes the oil an easy absorption moisturizer for skin. We’re talking hydrated, plump skin without an oily residue as the oil absorbs into the skin as easily as water.
2. Make-Up Remover / Facial Cleanser: one of the best ways to cleanse the skin is with oil. After all, like removes like. Oil cleansing scrubs away at dirt and grime without stripping the skin of valuable moisture. Likewise, Camellia Oil can break down make-up without the rubbing and pull required from a synthetic makeup remover.
3. Hair Oil: warm the oil and massage it into the scalp. Leave the oil in for 30 minutes or overnight for a longer treatment. Wash the oil out with shampoo for softer, more lustrous locks.
4. Nails: Massage the oil into cuticle for stronger nails.
5. Wounds/Scar Treatment: massage the oil into the skin to gently fade scars anddiscoloration.